Monday 11 August 2014

Meet The Teacher





Hi! We love reading about our favourite bloggers and thought, hey, maybe you might want to know a little about us.  Thanks to Falling Into First for running this Linky.
We are a husband and wife team who blog about teaching and life.  It didn't always start out this way.  Jeff started his career off in public relations.  After long hours and possibly him getting a little peeved at Libby for explaining to others that he was just like Samantha off of "Sex in the City", he decided to go back to school to become a teacher.  This is of course the time when we discovered we were expecting our little one.  After a few hard years back at school Jeff became a teacher.  He loves teaching and can't wait to get back into the classroom (I know, must be a newbie teacher thing, right?)  
Jeff is the thinker, the responsible one, and the voice of reason.....
which leads us to me (Libby)...
I have been working with kids and students with exceptionalities all my life.  I am still working on how to balance being a good mom and a good teacher (please let me know if you have found the balance).  I am the the spontaneous, imaginative, and blunt part of our duo. 
Life together can get pretty interesting at times.  It brings us a lot of laughs and we hope to share those laughs with you along the way.



Ok.  Now for the Fun Stuff.....
Q& A Session
 
 THESE ARE A FEW OF MY FAVOURITE THINGS...
Jeff: Watching, reading, playing all things sports.
Libby: running, trashy reality TV, baking


 IF YOU WEREN'T A TEACHER, WHAT WOULD YOU WANT TO BE?
Jeff: A Radio personality.
Libby: I think it would be neat to be a dog breeder with a big yard for the dogs to play in.  


THREE LITTLE WORDS THAT DESCRIBE YOU.
Jeff: Honest, Energetic, creative
Libby: Funny, Blunt, Grateful

FINISH THE SENTENCE, "________,  SAID NO TEACHER EVER!!"

Jeff and Libby: I think I'll pass on the coffee today, Said no teacher ever!
 

Q: IT'S YOUR BIRTHDAY AND YOU CAN INVITE ANYONE {DEAD OR ALIVE} TO THE PARTY. WHO ARE YOU INVITING?
Jeff: Paul McCartney
Libby: The Kardashian Clan.

Q: IF SOMEONE WROTE A BOOK ABOUT YOUR LIFE, WHAT WOULD BE THE TITLE?


Jeff: "Roller Coaster"
Libby: "Laugh Lots and Love Running"


 Q:YOU GET TO PICK ONE SUPERPOWER. WHAT IS IT?

Jeff: Lightening speed
Libby: I think Flying would be fun.

Q: WHAT'S YOUR FAVORITE QUOTE OR SAYING?

Jeff: "What?"
Libby: "Git 'er Done"


Q: IF YOU HAD TO SING ONE SONG ON AMERICAN IDOL, WHAT WOULD IT BE? 

Jeff: "Hey Jude"
Libby: Blues Traveler "Run Around"

 Q: ARE YOU A MORNING PERSON OR A NIGHT OWL?
Jeff: Night
Libby: Morning

 
Q: WHAT'S YOUR FAVOURITE RESOURCE THAT YOU'VE CREATED IN YOUR TPT SHOP?
I am going to toot Jeff's horn here... I love his Rocks and Minerals Project. 


Q: SHARE SOMETHING WE MIGHT NOT KNOW ABOUT YOU!

Jeff: I have the best wife in the world (ok...so Jeff told me I could fill this one in for him....but I'm sure he would agree)
Libby: I love to run.  I have ran a few marathons.  I am usually one of the last people to cross the finish line, but I don't let that get in the way of my love of running.

4 comments:

  1. It was so neat getting to know you thanks to this awesome linky party!

    Vera
    The Tutu Teacher

    ReplyDelete
  2. Vera I (Libby) love your sense of humour. I just went to your blog to read all about you. Loving this Linky.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello! We are a husband and wife team also! Nice to "meet" another teacher team. :-) Lisa from Created for Learning

    ReplyDelete
  4. So nice to meet another husband and wife team. Cheers!

    ReplyDelete