Friday 21 November 2014

Teaching Drama

This year I have what I like to call a dogs breakfast in the afternoons.  As a part of this "breakfast" I teach grade one drama.  I am having a blast with it.  
We are currently working on fairy tales and are using headbands to remember which character we are when we reenact the story.  Along with the headbands, we are using a booklet to retell the story in our own words. 






Here are some examples of us retelling the story using First, Next, Then, Finally, After that.




Students are enjoying retelling the story through writing, and reenacting the story with our actions and words.



Here is an example of one of the headbands.

I love linking drama with language. It helps to reinforce many of the concepts students are already learning. 







No comments:

Post a Comment