Friday 30 January 2015

Friday's News



Happy Friday!!!!!!!

This week has been a bit rough.  Our family is down and out with cold, cough and Strep throat.  ugh!  Of course all this hits right around report card time.  Does anyone else's seem to get sick right around report card season?  Anyway, we have meds and Benylin and are focused on getting better.  

Here's what's happening in our school world.  My grade 3's just finished their good copies of their "Snowmen Story".  I read the book a snowman story to the class.  Then we brainstormed what we thought snowmen might do at night while we were sleeping.  We wrote three paragraphs based on each idea, then used the snowman template to make our good copies on. 
I think they turned out pretty cute.  



Next week we will be gearing up for the big V-day.  Since I teach various grades in the afternoon (shout out to my planning teacher friends) I plan to bring this activity along with me for my younger students.  We will make Valentine's headbands to wear for Valentine's Day. 

Along with these headbands we will be making booklets as well. 


Student's will pick people they feel love them (e.g., mom, dad, brother, sister, friends) and explain how they know each person loves them. I can't wait to see what ideas our kiddo's come up with. 



And last, but not least, we are trying something new for our grade ones at our school.  I have been asked to create this cute story in French and in English.  It is our hope that if they learn the story in English first, that this will help them when they review it in french.  The students are able to colour in the booklets and take them home when they have successfully read them to the teacher.  Stay tuned, as there will be more to come like this:)



No comments:

Post a Comment